We believe our people are our greatest resource. Currawong is a small, dynamic company where people are at the forefront of our decisions and actions. We want to build a team that reflects our company values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
Because we are a growing company, we can provide our team with opportunities to expand their knowledge and develop their skillsets. If you want to join a supportive, small team that can help you reach your career goals, get in touch with us.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Project Exploration Geologist
• Bendigo, Victoria based role with minor campaign travel
• Well-funded TSX listed explorer
• Permanent full-time position
On behalf of a Canadian TSX listed explorer with an enviable portfolio of central Victorian Goldfields properties, we are looking to appoint a Project Exploration Geologist to assist in formulating and executing the company’s exploration activities. Working in close collaboration with a strong geological management team, this role will report to the Exploration Manager with open lines of communication to others in the executive management team.
A unique opportunity to have genuine influence in the company’s exploration direction and on the ground activities, across a portfolio of projects at various stages of advancement. Well-funded and with a key focus on Victorian orogenic gold projects, the position is Bendigo based with campaign travel to the various sites as required.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation and management of data programs, including; mapping, geochemical sampling, structural and geophysical surveys and drilling
• Generation and prospectivity target ranking
• Design and manage brownfields and greenfields exploration drilling programs
• Interpretation and generation of cross sections, maps and 3D mineralisation models.
• At least 5-10 years post graduate experience, with at least 3 years orogenic gold experience, but lesser qualified geologists will be considered.
• Strong software skills, including GIS packages such as QGIS or MapInfo, as well as possibly Datashed, Minemap, Micromine or Leapfrog
• Able to apply reliable, scientific, and critical thinking to geological data and results
• Ability to work independently and with a small team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is offered as a permanent from the outset with an attractive salary package commensurate to your experience. This also presents a chance to work across world class geology known to host some of Victoria’s more prolific historic gold producers that remain to be explored and assessed with a genuine potential for discoveries.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Exploration Field Assistant
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist, you will be required to provide assistance and support to the Exploration team.
Your duties will include:
- Processing and sampling drilling core
- Preparing samples
- Clearing, preparing sites
- Pegging and flagging
- Rehabilitation of sites
- Complete stocktakes when required
- Geochemical surveys such as stream sediment and soil sampling
- RC drill sample collection
- Provide assistance with setting up camps
- Other general field duties
- Experience working as an Exploration Field Assistant ideally in gold, preferable but not essential.
- Victorian Drivers Licence, HR preferable, but not essential.
- 4WD driving experience
- First Aid Certificate
- National Police Clearance (or willing to obtain)
- Physically fit and able to work in remote environments
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills and ability to be a team player
You will be given ongoing support while working in a team that displays a positive working culture. This is a 2:1 roster and an immediate start is on offer. Other rosters are available and open for discussion. Please apply now via the link above.