We believe our people are our greatest resource. Currawong is a small, dynamic company where people are at the forefront of our decisions and actions. We want to build a team that reflects our company values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
Because we are a growing company, we can provide our team with opportunities to expand their knowledge and develop their skillsets. Below are details of areas in which we typically hire, however please find particular jobs available on seek.com.au or other jobs boards.
Currawong Resources seeks proactive and resourceful individuals (ideally experienced) to work as exploration field assistants, joining our team based in Bendigo, Victoria.
We typically offer a full-time role, initially on a casual basis, with a view to a permanent hire for the right people. Ideally, you live relatively locally, or be prepared to relocate to Bendigo or surrounds. Typically a 5/2 roster Monday-Friday, but you need to be flexible for longer rosters and campaigns. Travel to some remote locations with a variety of camp conditions is something you’ll be asked to do from time to time.
Additionally, we are also interested in hearing from people in the following geographic areas who are interested in this work on a casual campaign basis:
- Beechworth, Mansfield, Eildon, Kyneton, Seymour, Broadford.
Reporting to the Project Geologist, you will be required to provide assistance and support to the Exploration team through the following duties:
- Processing and sampling drilling core.
- RC drill sample collection and processing.
- Preparing samples.
- Clearing, preparing sites.
- Pegging and flagging.
- Rehabilitation of sites.
- Complete stocktakes when required.
- Geochemical surveys such as stream sediment and soil sampling.
- Provide assistance with setting up camps.
- Other general field duties.
- Resourceful attitude, good initiative, great work ethic.
- Good with numbers, good with computers.
- Physically fit and able to work in remote environments.
- Experience working as an Exploration Field Assistant ideally in gold, preferable but not essential.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Australian Drivers Licence (Must Have), HR or other tickets desirable, but not essential.
- 4WD driving experience.
- National Police Clearance (or willing to obtain).
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills and ability to be a team player.